Chamonix Mountains

Chamonix Mountains

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Product Review for New2Tri - Precision Hydration


Product Review – Precision Hydration

This is a “medium strength electrolyte drink mix” which comes as a powder that you add to 500ml of water “to help you stay hydrated”.


 

 

My first impressions were that the product is nicely presented. It looks ‘smart’ and the packaging is clear and has a fresh look about it. There is a table on the reverse of each packet detailing nutritional information and electrolyte content.

 

I tested the product whilst running. I used the powder added to my 500 ml bottle of water. I did a track session with my local Harriers on a Tuesday night and drank the electrolyte during training when I would normally not drink fluids until after the session. We did an interval session during which I found the drink to be palatable and refreshing. It has a mild lemon taste that I actually found much more pleasant than I had expected to! It took me a while to pluck up the courage to try the powder as I usually only drink water and I do not like sugary, chemical tasting electrolytes or gels. I don’t think that there were any performance benefits from it, but the drink was certainly tasty and it did encourage me to drink more because it had a pleasant taste.

I also used the drink after a hard trail run and found that it quenched my thirst well.

Finally, I had a cross-country race on the Sunday, which was unseasonably hot for October. I was a bit scared to use the electrolyte before the race in case it upset my stomach, but I actually ended up wishing that I had brought it as I was uncomfortably hot and I actually drank all of my water before the event!

 

I would normally only drink water during training and racing, but I would consider using the Precision Hydration to add a bit of variety as it actually tastes nice!

 

Overall, I would definitely recommend trying the powder. It is easy to use, tastes nice and seems to be gentle on the stomach. I particularly liked the lemon flavour. I am not sure whether it made any difference to how hydrated I was, but I don’t tend to drink huge quantities or sweat that much. It may well be very useful for athletes who do – definitely worth a try.

8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment